Friday 6 June 2014

Ouverture

A nice Persimmon*

Hi everybody, it's me, Sirio.

This blog is the place where I'll dump my thoughts and progresses relative to the side projects I'll start.
I decided to open it for three main reasons.

First of all I hope it will help me FINISH the side projects I'll start. I tend to get sidetracked quite a lot, as I get interested in random stuff very easily. I don't follow up that easily though, and I want to change that. 

Second, I am quite sloppy sometimes when I work on my projects, as I want to have something working as soon as possible, and for this reason I often don't put much effort into understanding the details of what I'm doing. This happens a lot when I'm coding, for example. And I often end up with ugly code that I won't be able to reuse. Or understand two weeks later. Or explain to someone else. In this blog I'll write having in mind a curious and inquisitive friend that wants to grok fully what I'm doing. I think that will make me want to understand the details myself, as I certainly don't want to bullshit an imaginary but still very dear friend.

Third, I owe you, the internet, big time for most of my informal education, so I'll try and give back something. Not saying it will be great stuff but, hey, I'll do my best.

I'll keep you posted!

*This persimmon is keeping me company today while I wait for the results of a long simulation I'm running. I spent some time playing with it in Photoshop, as I liked its colors. I guess it is a good enough symbol of my getting sidetracked - plus, it is really tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment